Wednesday, 21 May 2008
If you can answer yes to all, or most of the following questions, chances are you are either already addicted or beyond the point of no return. There's no cure, no cold turkey, you're in the club .... a surfer for life:
1. Have you ever lost a relationship because she/he just can't get why it's so important to drop everything and go surfing when there's a swell?
2. Do you plan all your holidays so that the destination is no less than 5 minutes from a surf spot?
3. Do you buy your vehicles based on the suitability for carrying surfboards? (a 2 seat sports car might look good but where's the stick gonna go).
4. Have you ever given up a job because it's located too far from the beach or they won't let you leave early or take a day off to surf?
5. Have you ever moved house to be closer to the beach?
6. Do you become miserable, grumpy, depressed, if you haven't surfed in weeks?
Just think, somewhere on the planet there's a warm water, sunny, offshore, reef or point firing perfect glassy walls....don't ignore the tremors, get out there and find it :)
* No doubt I've missed some obvious surf addict symptoms, so feel free to comment with anymore ideas
Posted by Pulse at 16:08