contact@extremehorizon.com

  +44 (0)7913 251691

  PO Box 25, Louth, LN11 0UE

Extremehorizon Surfing Blog

Extremehorizon surf blog providing: regular surfing news, updates, stories, surf pictures, product reviews, surfer interviews and anything from the world of actions sports which is begging to be blogged!

Monday 14 December 2009

Mick Fanning claims second World title at Pipeline




Mick Fanning (AUS), 28, has been crowned the 2009 ASP World Champion, following a stunning performance at the Banzai Pipeline on Saturday.

Heading into the final stop of the 2009 ASP World Tour season, Fanning held the ASP ratings’ lead over fellow Gold Coast surfer Joel Parkinson (AUS), 28, and with Parkinson’s Round 3 exit in today’s Billabong Pipe Masters at the hands of wildcard Gavin Gillette (HAW), 23, Fanning secured his second ASP World Title.

“I’m just a bit overwhelmed right now and I don’t quite know what to say,” Fanning said. “It was hard out there. I was trying to get ready for my heat and then Gavin (Gillette) got that one score as I was paddling out and, I don’t know, I just sort of slowed down.”

*Mick Fanning : photo ASP/CI Cestari via Getty Images

No comments:

Extreme Horizon Online Surf Shop  -   PO Box 25, Louth, LN11 0UE  -   +44 (0)7913 251691
Copyright © Extreme Horizon Ltd.  All rights reserved.   Online Shop Terms & Conditions | Site Map