contact@extremehorizon.com

  +44 (0)7913 251691

  PO Box 25, Louth, LN11 0UE

Extremehorizon Surfing Blog

Extremehorizon surf blog providing: regular surfing news, updates, stories, surf pictures, product reviews, surfer interviews and anything from the world of actions sports which is begging to be blogged!

Wednesday 17 December 2008

WARNING: Con-man impersonates Ace Cool in London




Con-man impersonates Ace Cool in London

We noticed and was intrigued by the story below which relates to a conman using big wave surfer Alec "Ace Cool" Cooke as a front for a scam. It makes a change from receiving emails from Nigerian "Generals" and Ghanain "Ministers" asking for help retrieving $25m from a US bank account! This one is a lot less ambitious and is targeting a most unlikely group (surfers) using a most unlikely surfer. Ace's most notable acheivement was paddling into a reputed 35footer at Outside Log cabins in 1985

Surfers Village: BE WARNED - Ace Cool (Alec Cooke) is alive and well on the North Shore this very day and is nowhere near London UK. This is confirmed to Surfersvillage today by reliable North Shore sources.

Below is the email message circulationg;-

From: Ace Cool [mailto:acecool45@hotmail.com]
Sent: 15 December 2008 11:59
To: Ace Cool
Subject: I NEED YOUR HELP URGENTLY

Sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling to UK for a program, am presently in London i am stranded here because i lost my wallet on my way to the hotel where my money,and other valuable things were kept.I will like you to assist me with a soft loan urgently with the sum of 1,200 GB Pounds to sort-out my hotel bills and get myself back home. I will appreciate whatever you can afford, I'll pay you back as soon as i return, Please send the money to me through Western Union money transfer by the details below.

Ace Cool
Address, 199 Marylebone High Street, London W1U 4RY

After making the payment kindly back to me with payment receipt details needed to collect the money here.

Regards,
Ace

Should you receive this email, it is recommended you ignore it.


* Source-Surfersvillage Global Surf News

No comments:

Extreme Horizon Online Surf Shop  -   PO Box 25, Louth, LN11 0UE  -   +44 (0)7913 251691
Copyright © Extreme Horizon Ltd.  All rights reserved.   Online Shop Terms & Conditions | Site Map