contact@extremehorizon.com

  +44 (0)7913 251691

  PO Box 25, Louth, LN11 0UE

Extremehorizon Surfing Blog

Extremehorizon surf blog providing: regular surfing news, updates, stories, surf pictures, product reviews, surfer interviews and anything from the world of actions sports which is begging to be blogged!

Friday 10 October 2008

Layne Beachley announces retirement




Layne Beachly officially announced her retirement from competitive surfing effective at the end of the year. Beachley is iconic in womens surfing, as well as having won 7 world titles she's been involved in pushing the boundries of womens big wave and tow surfing, inspiring the next generation and in no small part has played an integral role in raising the profile of and legitimising surfing for women.

Beachley announced “I feel like now is a really good time, even though I am in my career best form, because I am an all-or-nothing kind of girl and to achieve the goals I set for myself in surfing, I have to give it my all and I’m not,” Beachley said. “I have to be honest with myself – I’m not commiting 100% time and energy and effort and focus into winning world titles."


As part of my involvement in an ongoing film project devilcountyfilms.com, I was fortunate to meet with Layne in Cornwall and interview her (check out the short film below).

No comments:

Extreme Horizon Online Surf Shop  -   PO Box 25, Louth, LN11 0UE  -   +44 (0)7913 251691
Copyright © Extreme Horizon Ltd.  All rights reserved.   Online Shop Terms & Conditions | Site Map